Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Finals week fatigue

Current feeling
This semester, I decided it would be a brilliant idea to take 18 credit hours, which is the maximum ODU allows. Now that finals have rolled around, I'm definitely feeling the weight of these classes. I have 6 finals and so far, I have completed 4 of them. None of which have I felt confident about. I'm so mentally drained from everything I have going on that I just want to crawl into bed and lay there like a dead fish. Vivid, right? I'm just ready for the semester to be over already. However, next semester will not be much better. I'm most likely taking 18 credits, again. Not by choice mind you, but I know I can do it. I just might not have much sanity once it's over. Not only will I be taking 18 credit hours, but I will have 2 or 3 jobs on top of it all. Some days, I have no idea how I manage to get myself out of bed. Honestly. Haha.
I talked to my mom for an hour and a half tonight on the phone. Which is rather surprising. Sometimes, I'll be honest, I don't want to call her. Just because it's like, "Ugh mom yes I'm studying for the love of God stop nagging me..." But I enjoy when my mom and I can just talk on the phone and have a nice conversation for a while. We're trying to decide what plans to make for NYE. I convinced her not to throw a NYE party, THANK GOD. Instead of sitting at home, we thought it would be nice to go out maybe to Richmond and enjoy some festivities. The only problem is that everything is so outrageously expensive that we might reconsider. Too, my argument is that we live so close to Richmond, why would we rent a hotel room and stay up there for the night? Personally, I'd rather stay home, cuddle with my cats, drink, and just enjoy their company sitting in front of the fire and watching the ball drop on TV.
Now that I'm rarely home from college, I really value the time when I can just sit at home and relax. At school, I'm busy running here and there and doing whatever it is. When I'm home, I just want to chill. My life is a constant schedule of where to be, when, what I need to get done, and how much I need to accomplish before the day is over. Sometimes I just want to say, "Fuck it all..." and not do anything at all. Oh, the busy life of a college student. I'm sure some people would say, "Oh stop your bitching..." when really, all I can do is bitch about it. I always get my work done and stay on top of my schedule. I'm extremely organized in that way, so I think I have earned the right to bitch about whatever I want.

Speaking of which, let me stop and get back to my homework. 

Until next time,

L M Butler

No comments: