Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer has begun and my heart has melted

Ode to summer's extreme weather, eh? In my "hood", it's a scorching 100 degrees outside. Ick. Although even though the bright, sunny sky's, I've been kinda down and blue. The man I loved the most broke my heart two weeks ago. The reason behind his madness was because "He works too much and is going to college and he feels we should call it quits", was his answer to my sobbing. I pleaded not to let me go, but he felt it was "for the best"... I've always thought that giving things a try would be worth the while, because then you can't say you didn't know what would happen. But in this case, he felt it'd end worse than what it already did. To this day, I love him with all my heart. I promised him I always would be his best friend and to love him forever and always, and I plan to keep this promise for as long as I live. Even though we're not an "item" anymore, I hope he will always remain in my life as my best friend, because he's just so amazing. :) Maybe time is all we need. For as Joe King and Isaac Slade from The Fray said, "You can never say never, while we don't know when, time, time, time again, younger now than we were before, don't let me go."

L M Butler

No comments: