Saturday, July 3, 2010

Misery at its best

For the past three and a half weeks, it seems that my life can do nothing but go into a downward spiral. The list of bad things happening to me keeps growing, and I don't know what to make of it. I lost the man of my dreams, I got two C+'s on my exams, my braces broke, I have poison ivy from yard work, I got a little sunburn, my best friend will barely talk to me; the list goes on. Also, to top it off, my "self propelled" lawn mower decided to stop "self propelling". In which, I'm pushing 165 lbs. of dead weight across my front and back lawn. I have to admit, it's one heck of a workout. And my so called "best friend" doesn't act like he even wants to be my best friend. He works a lot, is tired, and has a life other than me; I understand all this, although I miss him. He's a great guy, but I don't know what to think anymore. He confuses me to death and I hate that. It makes me feel vulnerable when I don't know what he's thinking. I know things take time, to move on and settle, but I'm rather impatent.

L M Butler

No comments: