Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another day, another wish, more added hope

I have to admit, no matter where I go that I find amazing, there's no place like home. On Friday, I went to Luray Cavern's with my dad and mom and it was beautiful.  The mountains have always been a favorite place of mine to be ever since I was a child, and a scenic route to Luray was breath-taking.  We drove all though the Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge Mountains.  Being the tourist I am, I convinced my father to stop and take pictures and go into some shops along the way.  I picked myself up a pair of navy blue Shenandoah National Park sweat pants. They're very comfortable.  
The whole ride I thought about Zachary, though.  It breaks my heart to think of him dating anyone else but me, much less him "doing the deed" with someone else.  I know that I need to let go, move on, and let it be.  Although my heart won't let me; I fell in love with him so deeply, that now it hurts.  Everything I see reminds me of him, and I can't help it.  I'm in love with him, end of story.  Many of my friends feel that I deserve better than him, and sometimes I think the same thing.  But I'd rather have the man I want, personally.  Like my father said, "If he's worth a damn, he'll come back."  And honestly, deep down, I believe that Zack will be back.  Maybe not anytime soon, but maybe a while down the road.  At least that's what I hope.
On the other hand, I'm trying my best to move on and get on with my life.  Making the best of every day that comes around and trying to keep myself occupied.  Although, it's a little sad when a nursery rhyme can describe exactly how I feel. 

You Are My Sunshine, My only sunshine.  You make me happy, When skies are gray.  You'll never know, dear, How much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.
The other night, dear,
As I lay sleeping, I dreamed I held you in my arms.  When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken, And I hung my head and cried.  

I'll always love you, And make you happy.  If you will only say the same.  But if you leave me, To love another, You'll regret it all some day; 
You told me once, dear, You really loved me, And no one else could come between.  But now you've left me, And love another.  You have shattered all my dreams.

L M Butler

No comments: