Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ode to Murphy's Law

It's amazing how when everything starts to go right and get better, it all goes down hill.  It's always too good to be true.  Now that the weather is amazing, God forbid my grill light.  Now that there's less people at Dale, God forbid the hallways clear.  My personal favorite is that now that I adore my History class, God forbid I know anything that's going on.  Oh well, I'll light the grill with a match, shove people out of my way, and sit next to the smart kid in class.  There's always a solution for everything, right?  Leave it to me to find the positive in everything.
In other news, something, someone rather, astonished me the other day.  I went to check the time on my phone and lo and behold, guess who's "name" was there; Zachary.  The look I had on my face was, probably, priceless.  My first thought was, "Oh lord, what does he want?"  A tad cruel, I know, but it wasn't a person I usually expected to hear from.  Long story short, our conversations haven't changed much.   It's a little funny though, because he, as Zack, hasn't changed much at all either.  At least, not that I can tell.  Which is both great and disappointing.  Oh well, he's a swell guy.  Maybe he isn't a jerk after all...
So, it's funny how rumors are usually never true.  I honestly don't know why people would start bullcrap, other than to just get under my skin.  I'm waiting for the day when inhabitants will realize that doing so only gets me annoyed.  Really, what kind of friend are you?  Yet again, I realize I need to find better people to confide in.

L M Butler

No comments: