Saturday, September 25, 2010

Enough said

Of all ways for me to spend my Saturday, I choose to go to SRO.  Not only did I have to get up at 4:30a to go to Commonwealth, but it was an hour and a half drive to Charlottesville, and I had to wait all day even though I was finished at eleven.  All in all, it was a ten hour day trip for an orchestra audition.
Speaking of the audition itself, I can't help but laugh in embarrassment.  I was very comfortable with the Rotation #2: etude and excerpt, although not so much with the scales.  I went into the giant blind auditioning room, and the judges began to instruct me on which scales to play.  Before the woman could finish what she was saying, I was laughing hysterically.  Her voice was so amusing, that I couldn't focus.  Long story short, my entertainment got the best of me and I bombed my audition.  So much for my usual first-chair reputation; I made second alternate.  What a joke.  I could complain as much as I'd like to, but I did have an alright time.
Anywho, in other news, my computer has been running very slow here lately, so I figured I'd delete some old documents of old papers, collages, abstracts, and pictures.  I found all of these old photos from the beginning of last year, Homecoming, December through June, and so on.  A lot of pictures with people I'm no longer associated with were deleted, but I kept several to do with certain people.  For old memories sake...  Good times, very swell times.  I'd relive it all again if I were given the opportunity.  But honestly, I wish things had never changed between me and some particulars.

L M Butler

No comments: