Monday, December 27, 2010

Call me when it's over

This cold weather needs to hurry up and get over with.  It keeps snowing and I'm getting cabin fever.  But I love snowball fights and night sledding.  So, it's not but so bad, I guess.  I just prefer the warmer weather.
Christmas has come and gone.  It was a pretty swell day.  Mother and I opened presents at midnight, as usual.  I didn't open many things that I didn't already know about.  Except for one present, which my mom somehow pulled off.  It was Girl Scout Thin Mints; by far the best present ever.  Later in the day, we met the neighbors at Gloria's for dinner.  Afterwards, Donna, Keath, and Trish met us at the house for the evening.
Before Christmas, I went to the Lewis Ginter Light Festival.  I was disappointed in the fact that it wasn't as spectacular as I thought it'd be.  The glass exhibit and green house were pretty swell, but the lights weren't all that.  It was more of a kid thing than I anticipated.  And everyone knows I can't stand to be around small, screaming, irritating kids for very long.
The new year is almost here and I couldn't be more excited.  The closer it gets to 2012, the better.  Not because of the world ending by the zombie apocalypse, flood, whatever you may believe; but because of the Summer Olympics in London.  I'm psyched about going.  I can't wait to spend the entire Summer in England.  I hope to stay, but I don't know how well that'd go over with my family.
I'm really disappointed in myself here lately.  I've let things and people bother me that I shouldn't, and it's doing nothing but making matters worse.  I'm so tired of dwelling on old matters, and I'm so sick of horrible excuses of friends.  Yeah, there are a few people who are pretty great, but it seems like everyone I'm close to is either leaving, has left, or I want them gone.  Drama is getting old and the certain someone's causing it just need to get lost.  I have great expectations for myself, and the people around me are keeping me from meeting those expectations.  Something's got to give.

L M Butler

No comments: