Friday, January 21, 2011

Lies for the liars

This month seems to be going by very quickly.  I guess it's a result of being more busy than usual.  I'm not complaining by far, although I would like to just sit back and chill for a day or two.  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
Life is almost boring at the moment.  School and work consumes my life.  Between all of the organizations I'm involved with now, the clubs at school, and all of the other things I do on my "own time"; I have no life other than what I'm doing for those things specifically.  It's really... Blah.
The Superbowl is almost here.  I'm getting all hype for that.  Even though my team is long from the play-offs, I still love to watch the games. I really don't care about who's playing, I just root for the team I think I will.  Only thing is, I don't always make the best guess.  Going by the statistics is overrated.
Also, I must admit, I have some pretty hilarious friends.  Sometimes I wonder how I would get through the day without particular people.  The other day, my dear friend Will suggested to leave things you don't want to carry in the Lost & Found bin.  Because "It's not like anybody will claim it or anything..."  Then again, I realize I speak of how I have terrible, useless, skanky, douchbag-ish, moronic, crappy friends as well.  All of these things are true.  I just tend to chill with a large, diverse crowd of individuals.  Some are amazing and couldn't be better friends if they tried; although, there are the ones I'd rather live without.  But if I didn't talk to some irritating people, my life wouldn't be entertaining.
Speaking of which, lying seems to be the new black.  It's really annoying when you're speaking with someone and you call their bluff, and they have nothing else to say because they've been caught.  Honestly, it's the most irritating thing in the world when I know what happened, then someone tells me the complete opposite.  Or when people accuse me of something that never happened because of what they've been told.  Taking lies over fact only screws a person over in the long run.

L M Butler

No comments: