Monday, February 14, 2011

"His name is Brian."

Oh, Valentine's Day. Gag. It's a bit of a nauseating day, in my opinion. Hah. But it's just another day to me. Everyone walks around the halls with jumbles of balloons and bags with gifts from their beaus and/or friends. If one doesn't have a "significant other", it's a bit of a lonely holiday. I just happened to get blue roses today from a certain someone today. T'was a sweet surprise. Although, I'll admit it wasn't my favorite Valentine's Day gift. Last year was the most unique, by far. All in all, it was a crappy day with a great ending.
So, because I had history today, Mr. Duncan themed the story towards Valentine's Day. Most. Hilarious. Story. Ever. He told us about the time when he was waiting tables back in his 20's, and a couple walked in as happy and lovable as could be. Long story short, his friend ended up waiting on the table. The couple ordered over $300 worth the food and drinks, but asked for all of it to only be prepared and not cooked. As his friend was taking another order at the neighboring table, he overheard the couple's conversation. The husband said, "Babe, there's something I need to tell you... I've been hiding something from you." The wife replies, "Yes? Is it bad? What's wrong?" "I know we've been married for fifteen years now and I love you very much. But, I've been seeing someone else... I've had an affair...", the man replies. "Who's the whore you asshole?! Who is she?! Do I know her?" "His name is Brian...", the husband says. Can you say, worst Valentine's Day news, ever?! Hilarious. Highlight of the school day, by far.
Exciting news on my part. I have kidney stones again. For the fourth time in the past three and a half months. Lucky friggen' me, eh? Yeah, I'm elated. I'm going back to the Urologist again tomorrow. Hopefully he'll be able to tell me something that I can do to keep these little bladder rocks away. They're the most painful thing I've ever had to deal with. I pity anyone who's ever had to deal with them.
The weather here in Virginia is crazy. I mean, it just snowed last Wednesday night- Thursday morning, and today it was a beautiful 68 degrees (Fahrenheit). It's expected to be high 50s and 60s all this week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just think Mother Nature needs to decide on freezing cold or Spring. I'm rooting for Spring, personally.
I have so much that I could should probably be doing, but I really don't feel like doing it. It's terrible. I've become so lazy. I think it's the narcotics I'm having to take for the stones. Have I mentioned how much I can't wait to get rid of these little suckers?
I'm looking forward to going to UVA for a week this summer to check it out, "live a week in the life" of a student, and all that jazz. The full shabang, ya know? I think it'll be great. Then next summer, LONDON! I'm hype beyond belief. Time away is just what I need.

L M Butler

No comments: