Thursday, February 24, 2011

Orange juice and baking soda

Joseph's method
People cease to amaze me.  No lie.  When I think I've heard and seen it all, something else comes out of the wood work. Sometimes, I just wonder how and why people do or say the things they do. Then again, I wouldn't waste my time nor sanity trying to understand people that I really don't care about.
So, Chemistry class a few days ago was the greatest ever. We had gotten a new chart on different types of reactions. Some of them were obvious, yet others not so much. One of them was a type of decomposition where when an acid and base mix to produce salt water. After discovering this, Joseph expressed his idea as to how the ocean was formed. He said, "So, Acid Mountain plus Base Mountain equals salt water. Lots of salt water makes ocean. So, I think that orange juice and baking soda makes oceans. There. Sheer genius." Hah, I adore that guy. He makes class so much more amusing. Just goes to show that the thought process of a guy isn't all that grand at times.
So, to address a lingering topic, apparently I'm a "huge liar". Really? Allow me to enlighten you oh bad-mouthers. I rarely lie. Everyone does sooner or later in life, this we have established. Although nine times out of ten, I'm simply being sarcastic. I'm sarcastic to the level of obnoxious and nauseating sometimes. Some people see it as lying, others see it as being a bitch, and people that know me realize that it's just a part of my personality. I have no shame in my frequent use of sarcasm. But to call me a liar is just exaggerating.
Speaking of lies, apparently, I'm spreading them about other people as well. Again, really?! Somebody just needs to get over themselves. I have better things to do with my spare time than to speak of something I don't care about. Case closed, enough said.
Have I mentioned how much I love lunch conversations? I think not. Allow me to elaborate. My friends and I tend to strike conversations that vary from, "See, ugly people are meant for each other.", to, "...So then I proceeded to own him on Black Ops while stoned. I dare you to try that. It's not as easy as it sounds.", to, "She's a whore! Everyone knows that! Go, walk up to that guy over there and ask him about her. Ten bucks says he'll start to explain their encounters of rigorous activity.", to lastly, "I dislike it when I can't determine someone's gender by their appearance. You should go ask... Better yet, Let's just yell "Hey girl!" and "Hey boy!"; seeing which it responds to." Where would I be without Kate, Cory, Mandi, and Ryan? I have no idea. Sad part is, half of it consists of picking on horrendous people. Call it cruel but there's just nothing better to talk about at TD.
Moving on, I think I'm going to do a 30-day-challenge blog; instead of doing it in a photo album like everyone else. I'll probably just use the Keep Me Post-it URL instead of making a new page. I'll post the link within the next few days and keep it on the side. One could also access it by going to my profile, scrolling down, and selecting the "30 Day Challenge" blog.


Click on the title. It's america in a nut shell. Well, sort of.


L M Butler

No comments: