Tuesday, March 22, 2011

High and dry

I know for us here day light savings just kicked in, but the days are feeling shorter. I guess I'm just so slammed with crap to do that it doesn't feel like time is passing by. Oh well, the faster it goes by the better. I want 2012 to get here already. LONDON! Woot woot!
So, I've been driving for a little over three weeks now, and I'm steady scaring the piss out of my mother. It's hilarious. I'll purposely cut a curb too close or what not just to piss her off. I can't wait to drive to North Carolina in a few weeks. It's a four hour drive from one door to the other of each house. That'll be one heck of a trip...
So, I'm getting really disappointed with Orchestra. It's sad. For example, the "every 2 year" trip for Chorus and Band is to Orlando, Florida. For Theatre and Dance, it's to NYC. For Orchestra, it's Busch Gardens... Really?! Pathetic. Not even out of the state, man. But, whatever. At least we're maybe going somewhere, and I love BG. I always have a great time. And this year I'll be with Brandon and Amanda. That's just asking for mischief. Hah.
Speaking of Orchestra, we're about five weeks away from the Rock 4 Life concert. Deadlines are coming up quicker and quicker and nobody is doing much of anything. Some people say they'll help, but they never come through. Whatever. And the Pancake Breakfast is at the end of April over Spring Break and I can't go. I'll admit, I'm a lil' pissed I can't be there, but I'll be in NC. So, no biggie.
School wise, I got a thing in the mail the other day saying, "Congratulations! You've been nominated to be in the NSHSS!" All because I have a GPA of a 3.89. Dweeb? I think so. Overachiever? Not really. Getting into UVA? Hopefully. Wish me luck.
So, about school. I've noticed there are a lot of... Loose girls where I go. And I use that term nicely. There are plenty other more vulgar words I'd rather use. Seriously. If I see one more pregnant girl, I'm going to be sick. And almost everyday I hear from a friend of mine, "Guess who screwed who now!" Really dude? Do you keep tabs on this shit crap? May I say, "NO LIFE"? It's just gross. Not to mention the couples that break up once a week, then get back together by the end of the day. What a shame. All the more reason why graduation should hurry up. I don't care for many of the people I have to deal with under a day-to-day basis. However, I will never like all of them, ever.
More specifically, history class wise. Mr. Duncan said today, "Hitler convinced them to 'Not get in bed with the U.S. because they'll leave you high and dry.' Which makes a lot of sense when you think about it." I was stunned. I'd never heard a teacher incorporate something so... risqué yet make such great sense. Good term, but interesting use. It'll be something I'll remember, that's for sure. Haha.
In other news, what's with everybody enlisting here lately? Three guys I know are leaving in August in the Navy, and another I'm pretty fond of is leaving in August too for the Army. I'm sad they're leaving because they're all great guys, but I'm glad to see the one go. Cruel, I know, but hey. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Although the guy leaving for the Army won't be home until Christmas. Which really sucks because I'll miss him a lot.
Lastly, the 30 Day Challenge is almost over for me. I'll probably do something similar to it later on this year. However, for now, check out the 30 Day Challenge blog. You can find the link on the right side bar.


L M Butler

No comments: